Watch it ! The Pirates of The Caribbean landed in KK on 29 Aug 2012. See all the smiling faces? They have seen their target ! Captain Hook came with sword and HOOK. Where is Captain Jack Sparrow and Blackbeard, the most feared pirate of all?? Missing Pirates are Loi, Diana, Janet , Amanda, Jeanie and Margaret Sinsua, Fung

Friday, October 5, 2012

What Are Words, by Niels Poulsen,


A beautiful  touching song about the promise of our WORDS, by Chris Medina and beautifully choreographed by Niels Poulsen. No Tags or restarts

Chris Medina was an American Idol contestant whose fiance got into an accident that gave her a traumatic brain injury just before their wedding. This is his heartfelt song about staying with her

"What Are Words"

Anywhere you are, I am nearAnywhere you go, I'll be thereAnytime you whisper my nameYou'll see
How every single promise I'll keep'Cause what kind of guy would I beIf I was to leaveWhen you need me most?
What are wordsIf you really don't mean them when you say them?What are wordsIf they're only for good times, then they don't?
When it's loveYeah, you say them out loudThose words, they never go awayThey live on, even when we're gone
And I know an angel was sentJust for me and I know I'm meantTo be where I amAnd I'm gonna be
Standing right beside her tonightAnd I'm gonna be by your sideI would never leaveWhen she needs me most
What are wordsIf you really don't mean them when you say them?What are wordsIf they're only for good times, then they don't?
When it's loveYeah, you say them out loudThose words, they never go awayThey live on, even when we're gone
Anywhere you are, I am nearAnywhere you go, I'll be thereAnd I'm gonna be hereForever more
Every single promise I keep'Cause what kind of guy would I beIf I was to leaveWhen you need me most?
I'm forever keeping my angel close



What Are Words




Count:
32Wall:2Level:Intermediate NC
Choreographer:
Niels Poulsen (Denmark) Dec 2011 Music:What are Words by Chris Medina. (BPM: 66 bpm)

Intro: 16 counts from first beat in music (app. 17 secs into track). Weight fw on R.

[1 – 8] Sweep R, lock ½ R into R lunge, back L R, ½ L sweep, cross ½ into R basic, ¼ R 
1Step L a small step backwards sweeping R out to R side (1) 12:00
2&3Lock R behind L (2), step onto L starting ½ R (&), complete ½ R stepping R fw into a big lunge step (3) 6:00
4&5Recover back on L (4), step back on R (&), turn ½ L stepping fw on L and sweeping R fw (5) 12:00
6&Cross R in front of L (6), turn ¼ R stepping back on L (&) 3:00
7&8&Turn ¼ R stepping R a big step to R side (7), close L behind R (&), cross R over L (8), turn ¼ R stepping back on L (&) 9:00

[9 – 16] R back rock, ½ L into L back rock, full turn R, L cross, R basic, ¼ R X 2 
1Rock back on R (1) 9:00
2&3Recover on L (2), turn ½ L stepping back on R (&), rock back on L (3) 3:00
4&5Recover fw onto R (4), turn ½ R stepping back on L (&), turn ½ R stepping fw on R and sweeping L fw (5) 3:00
6&7&Cross L over R (6), step R a big step to R side (&), close L behind R (7), cross R over L (&) 3:00
8&Turn ¼ R stepping back on L (8), turn ¼ R stepping R to R side (&) 9:00

[17 – 24] L cross rock, side L, R cross rock, ½ R, step turn step, run run sweep 1/8 L, R jazz 
1Cross rock L over R and towards R diagonal (1) 10:30
2&3Recover weight back on R (2), turn 1/8 L stepping L to L side (&), turn 1/8 L cross rocking R over L and towards L diagonal (3) 7:30
4&5&Recover weight back on L (4), turn ½ R stepping fw on R (&) (facing 1:30), step fw on L (5), turn ½ R stepping onto R foot (&) 7:30
6&7Run fw on L (6), run fw on R (&), turn 1/8 L stepping fw on L and sweeping R fw (7) 6:00
8&Cross R over L (8), step back on L (&) 6:00

[25 – 32] R back rock, step turn, fw R, ½ R, R back rock, L full turn, R rock fw 
1Rock back on R (1) 6:00
2&3Recover fw on L (2), step fw on R (&), turn ½ L stepping onto L (3) 12:00
4&5Step fw on R (4), turn ½ R stepping back on L (&), rock back on R (5) 6:00
6&7Recover on L (6), turn ½ L stepping back on R (&), turn ½ L stepping fw on L and sweeping R fw (7) 6:00
8Rock fw on R and slightly over R (8) 6:00

Ending Start your 6th wall (facing 6:00) by doing the first 3 counts of the dance. 
Then the beats in the music disappear but Chris Medina keeps singing. Hold your steps for 3 counts and then do the following to end facing 12:00. 12:00 
Unwind and sweep full turn L, fw R, full spiral turn L, fw L, sweep R fw 
7 – 8Unwind ½ L stepping onto L (7), turn ½ L sweeping R fw (8) 12:00
1 – 3Step fw on R (1), start doing a full spiral turn L on R foot (2),
4 – 5Step fw on L (4), sweep R fw gently... Tadahh!!! 12:00


No comments:

Post a Comment