Watch it ! The Pirates of The Caribbean landed in KK on 29 Aug 2012. See all the smiling faces? They have seen their target ! Captain Hook came with sword and HOOK. Where is Captain Jack Sparrow and Blackbeard, the most feared pirate of all?? Missing Pirates are Loi, Diana, Janet , Amanda, Jeanie and Margaret Sinsua, Fung

Sunday, January 17, 2010

NY Cha

A very popular dance, NY Cha, choreographed by Neville & Julie who are known for their challenging steps and turns. This is the 2nd time we are trying out their choreography.(Why So Serious? is also their choreography) We would not have dared to attempt their dances a few years ago but now that we have improved so much over the period we are definitely ready.

The steps are neat and indeed challenges our memory power. Overall, a manageable dance as the music is quite slow.
This very catchy song, NEW YORK is by Paloma Faith, same singer for UPSIDE DOWN. To appreciate the song, you must listen to the lyrics :-

New York
The days were long and the nights so cold
The pages turn and the tale unfolds
He left me for another lady
She stood so tall and she never slept
There was not one moment he could regret
He left me for another lady

He took my hand one day and told me
He was leaving
Me disbelieving
And I I I I I I I I
Had to let him go

And it was New York, New York
And she took his heart away oh my
And it was New York, New York
She had poisoned his sweet mind
Mmmm

The wolves they howled for my lost soul
I fell down a deep black hole
He left me for another lady
She poured the drinks and she poured the power
Diamond girl who could talk for hours
He left me for another lady

Now I am on my own
He told me he was leaving
And I was pleading
And I I I I I I I I
Had to let him go

And it was New York, New York
And she took his heart away oh my
And it was New York, New York
She had poisoned his sweet mind

The greatest times
I don't want to hear it
Your new laughter lines
I don't want to hear it
The new found friends she introduced you to
I don't wanna know them I just want to be with you
Please do't make me go to
New York

New York
And she took your heart away oh my
And it was New York, New York
She poisoned your sweet mind

And it was New York, New York
And she took your heart away oh my
And it was New York, New York
She poisoned your sweet mind

She poisoned your sweet mind




NY Cha
Choreographed by: Neville Fitzgerald & Julie Harris (Nov 09)
Music: New York by Paloma Faith
Descriptions: 64 count - 2 wall - Intermediate/Advanced level line dance

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Starts after 16 Counts

Side, Together, Forward, Right Lock Step, 1/2 Pivot, Step, 1/2, 1/4, Cross.
1-3 Step Left to Left side, step Right next to Left, step forward on Left.
4&5 Step forward on Right, lock Left behind Right, step forward on Right.
6-7 Pivot 1/2 turn to Left, step forward on Right.
8&1 Make 1/2 turn to Right stepping back on Left, 1/4 turn Right stepping Right to Right side, cross step Left over Right..


Side Rock, Behind & Step, Rock Step, Back Back Touch.
2-3 Rock to Right side on Right, recover on Left.
4&5 Cross step Right behind Left, step Left to Left side, step forward on Right.
6-7 Rock forward on Left, recover on Right.
8&1 Step back on Left, step back on Right, touch Left toe back.


1/4, Recover, Sailor 1/2 cross, Side Rock, Sailor 1/2.
2-3 Make 1/4 turn to Left taking weight on Left, recover on Right. (rise up slightly on Count 2..down again on 3)
4&5 Make 1/4 turn to Left as you cross step Left behind Right, 1/4 turn to Left stepping Right next to Left, cross step Left over Right.
6-7 Rock to Right side on Right, recover on Left.
8&1 Make 1/4 turn to Right as you cross step Right behind Left, 1/4 turn to Right stepping Left next to Right, step forward on Right.


Walk, Walk, Mambo Step, Back, 1/2, Step 1/4 Cross.
2-3 Walk forward Left-Right.
4&5 Rock forward on Left, recover on Right, step back on Left.
6-7 Step back on Right, make 1/2 turn to Left stepping forward on Left.
8&1 Step forward on Right, pivot 1/4 turn to Left, cross step Right over Left.


1/4, 1/4, Left Lock Step, Rock, Recover, Back 1/4 Cross. **
2-3 Make 1/4 turn to Right stepping back on Left, 1/4 turn to Right stepping Right slightly behind Left. (sit)
4&5 Step forward on Left, lock Right behind Left, step forward on Left.
6-7 Rock forward on Right, recover on Left.
8&1 Step back on Right, make 1/4 turn to Left stepping Left to Left side, cross step Right over Left. **


1/4, 1/4 , Sailor 1/2 Cross, Rock, Recover, Behind & Cross.
2-3 Make 1/4 turn to Left stepping forward on Left, 1/4 Left stepping back on Right.
4&5 Make 1/4 turn Left as you cross step Left behind Right, 1/4 Left stepping Right next to Left, cross step Left over Right.
6-7 Rock to Right side on Right, recover on Left.
8&1 Cross step Right behind Left, step Left to Left side, cross step Right over Left.


Side, Together, Chasse Left, Side, Together, Chasse Right.
2-3 Step Left to Left side, step Right next to Left.
4&5 Step Left to Left side, step Right next to Left, step Left to Left side.
6-7 Step Right to Right side, step Left next to Right.
8&1 Step Right to Right side, step Left next to Right, step Right to Right side.


1/4 Rock, Recover, Lock Step Back, Touch, Step, Step 3/4 (Side)
2-3 Make 1/4 turn to Right as you rock forward on Left, recover on Right.
4&5 Step back on Left, lock Right across Left, step back on Left.
6-7 Touch Right in front of Left, step forward on Right.
8&(1) Step forward on Left, pivot 1/2 turn to Right, make 1/4 turn Right stepping Left to Left side.


**RESTART**: Wall 2 **, * IMPORTANT NOTE*

Dance Up To & Including Count 8 Section 5 (40) Then Restart Dance MAKING 1/4 TURN LEFT stepping Left to side


TAG: END Of Wall 4 Facing Front..

Side, Together, Forward, Right Lock Step, 1/2 Pivot, Step, 1/2, 1/4, Cross, 1/4, Side, Cross.
1-4 Step Left to Left side, step Right next to Left, step forward on Left.
4&5 Step forward on Right, lock Left behind Right, step forward on Right.
6-8 Pivot 1/2 turn to Left, step forward on Right.
8&1 Make 1/2 turn to Right stepping back on Left, 1/4 turn Right stepping Right to Right side, cross step Left over Rght..
2-4 Make 1/4 turn to Left stepping back on Right, step Left to Left side, cross step Right over Left.

No comments:

Post a Comment